Terms and Conditions of UseI have read and understood the information set out in the Terms and Conditions of Use
Elderstreet offer Private Investors exposure to the quoted and unquoted company market together with generous tax reliefs through the Elderstreet Venture Capital Trust plc. VCTs provide private investors with an attractive and tax-efficient method of investing in a portfolio of small to medium-size trading companies in the UK. VCTs are similar to Investment Trusts but they invest in companies that are not quoted on the stock exchange, although they can be AIM (Alternative Investment Market) listed.
The Elderstreet VCT plc has been established for over twenty years investing in a wide range of sectors and the management team was voted VCT Fund Manager of the year for 2009 and 2010. In 2014 Elderstreet was also the winner of Investment Weeks Investment Company of the Year Award.
The managers have also made a substantial investment into the fund. The Elderstreet VCT has an investment policy aimed at creating a balanced portfolio of investments in management buy-outs and development capital investments in both mature and early stage businesses. From time to time we will be offering new shares for sale in the VCT. This enables you to get exposure to an established portfolio with the prospect of early dividends. You can find details on any current new offers by clicking on the home page link VCT open Offers. If you are interested in hearing more about this product then please email email@example.com
If you are an existing Elderstreet VCT shareholder seeking information then please follow the links on the home page.
VCT Tax Benefits
Investors are able to claim 30% income tax relief on an investment into a qualifying VCT up to an annual limit of £200,000 if they subscribe in cash for new shares and retain their shares for at least five years. In addition, in respect of subscriptions within this annual limit, any dividends paid by the VCT are tax-free and if held for five years and any uplift in the value of the shares is tax-free on disposal. VCTs are similar in structure to Investment Trusts. Primarily, they invest in small unquoted companies, or those listed on Aim, London Stock Exchange's market for growth companies, that engage in qualifying trades in the UK. The qualifying rules make a number of exclusions including property, financial services and commodities.
The VCT will invest predominantly in unquoted, established and profitable businesses with proven management teams, where investments can be structured using loan stock and preference shares to enhance the yield of the VCT. Some investments in established companies on AIM will also be considered. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of companies with a particular emphasis on smaller unquoted companies. The VCT aims to have at least 70% of the qualifying holdings (ie including investments in cash and gilts) invested in development capital and mature companies yielding dividends. The remaining 30% will be retained for early stage companies with high growth potential. The target deal size is £0.75 million across a broad mix of industries.
Dividends and Buyback Policy
The VCT has a track record of providing good returns for its Shareholders. A list of past paid dividends can be found on the link on the front page or by clicking here. The VCT buys back its shares at a discount of approximately 7.5% to the last published NAV. The implementation of the buy-back policy will be at the Board's discretion (normally twice a year) and subject to Elderstreet's liquidity and to stock market and other applicable regulations.
Selling Your Shares
The Company does not buy shares back directly from shareholders. If you wish to sell your shares please contact your stockbroker. The market maker is Shore Capital.
Access Intelligence plc
Food Packaging Machines
Computer Software Group
Sold to HG capital
Chip and Pin Software Solutions
Baldwin and Francis
Sold Dec 2015
Content Management Software
Sold to Alterian July 2008
Sold to VP plc 2008
Social Media Analytics
Global English Expat Forum
Mobile Proximity Commerce
Last mile on-demand delivery
For further information please contact William Horlick by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 831 5088